Senior Support Worker
Reporting to Registered Nurse/Registered Manager/Deputy Manager
To deliver effective care to residents in accordance with:-
- Relevant social care codes of conduct.
- Holmleigh Care policies and procedures.
- Contractual requirements
- Deliver person centred care in accordance with best practice and available research to all residents
- Promote the health and well-being of residents
- Assess, plan, implement, evaluate and review person centred care for each resident which meets their needs and demonstrates outcomes
- Promote and maintain residents confidentiality
- Establish and maintain good relationships with residents, relatives and staff
- Ensure residents are treated with privacy, dignity and respect at all times
- Promote and maintain good working relationships with all external bodies and commissioners
- Maintain a sound knowledge of Care Quality Commission (or equivalent) and all other regulatory standards
- Ensure a regular programme of activities is implemented and documented in individual residents plans
- Continuously monitor the quality of care and take remedial action where appropriate
- Liaise with nursing specialists as necessary
- Undertake and document regular supervisions of care and ancillary staff as directed
- Promote diversity and equality in the workplace in accordance with relevant Company policies
- Ensure residents receive a nutritious balanced diet and adequate hydration in accordance with the care plan
- Maintain current knowledge of best care practice and attend training as required
- Maintain (where required) the relevant registration with professional bodies
- Provide coaching, training and support to relevant staff when applicable
- Carry out all duties in a safe manner having regard for the health, safety and welfare of self, staff, residents and visitors and report accidents as necessary
- Ensure all care related documentation is completed concisely and in a timely manner
- Participate in audit and research
- Ensure “hand-overs” are clear, concise and factual
- Carry out other duties as directed and required
- To ensure when delegating the staff member fully understands what is expected of them.
If you are interested in joining a successful team then please contact Jane Colbour, Manager, 01905 821544 where interviews will be arranged promptly.
An enhanced DBS and satisfactory references will be required for all successful candidates.
We are committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults with care and support needs and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a DBS Check.