Service User Privacy Notice
Holmleigh Care Group understand that the privacy and security of your information is important. This notice is to inform you what data we hold about you and why, what we do with that data, and informs you of your rights regarding the personal information we hold under current data protection law.
Holmleigh Care Group, registered at Windsor House, Bayshill Road, Cheltenham, GL50 3AT is the Data Controller of the information covered by this privacy notice.
Holmleigh Care Group regard the lawful and fair treatment of personal data as very important to maintaining confidence between you and us.
What information we hold and why
Holmleigh Care Group will collect and process personal data about you when you or someone who cares or supports you first make enquiry about our services and further information will be collected if you decided to move to one of our homes or instruct us to support/ care for you in your own home.
The Personal data we may process includes:
- Your name, home address, email address and/or phone numbers.
- Your date of birth, marital status, nationality and National Insurance number (where you provide this to us).
- Your care and support plans, medical records, personal interests
- Your support networks including Health Professionals and Social Services Support Workers, Family members, Advocates,
- Your Nominated Bank account details (if we act as your appointee)
The lawful condition for holding and processing this information is that this is in the legitimate interests of the Holmleigh Care Group to fulfil is contractual obligations with you.
Where we obtained your information
Holmleigh Care Group may obtain data directly from you (for example, through our website, the telephone or manual form filling, by email, documentary evidence), through government Social Services and Health departments and through family and/or appointees.
Sensitive Data Types
With your specific consent, information relating to your ethnicity, gender, nationality, disability, religion, sexual orientation, and other diversity-related information.
What we do with the data
Information provided to Holmleigh Care Group in the process of forming this relationship will only be used in connection with the care and support we provide for you. We process your personal data listed above for the following purposes in accordance with our legitimate interest:
- to enable us to select the right environment and staff teams to support you
- to enable us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- to prevent and detect fraud and other wrongdoing.
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
- To fulfil our contractual obligations with you and/or the commissioning authorities who we contract with and who support you to use our services
Who we share the data with
Your details may be passed onto third parties, but that is not for any purposes other than the purposes mentioned above.
Categories of third parties are as follows:
- We may engage third parties to help carry out services or functions on our behalf. For example, Employment Agencies, Government Benefit departments, Medical Professionals, Specialist equipment suppliers, Government Health and Social Service departments/workers and other quality and regulatory professionals.
- We may disclose your personal information to government bodies and law enforcement agencies to comply with any legal obligations, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our staff, our company or others.
What if you fail to provide/update personal information?
If you fail to provide or update certain personal information when requested or the information you provide is inaccurate we may be prevented from complying with our legal/contractual obligations.
Transfer outside of the EEA
We do not send data subject data outside of the EEA.
How long we keep your data
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
Holmleigh Care Group recognise the rights of the data subject in regard to this data processing. As a data subject, you have:
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data.
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data)
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Should you wish to invoke any of your rights, or have any queries about the information we hold about you, please contact:
Post: Data Protection Officer, The Holmleigh Group, 141 High Street, Tredworth, Gloucester, GL1 4TB
Tel: 01452 300025